Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Quote of the Day

"If a germ was running through the grass to Africa, would it be faster than a person?"

-- Mika

My response: I think that they're faster over short distances, but people are faster in the long, endurance races.

That seemed to satisfy her.

Cheers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting question. There are a lot of factors to take into consideration, though:

1. Type of grass (if it's Kentucky Blue, forget about it).
2. The moon's gravitational pull.
3. The strength of the Gulf Stream... etc.

Reason # 48 why I should never have children :).

Michael S. Thibault said...

You just keep being you, big guy... there's no grass in the gulf stream. And I don't believe in gravity any more than I believe in God.

You've got a good point about the grass phylum, though. I've ran through fields that would incapacitate an elephant with paper-like cuts, but a germ would slalom through like a Crazy Canuck.

Cheers mate. Glad you're reading.

Mike