Our current Aussie neighbours were in awe of the snow and ice. They were raving about it at length, then stopped themselves and said something to the effect of: "Oh but this must be all boring and common to you."
In some ways, sure. But I still think that Canadian winter's are wonder-ful. If I didn't I would have moved somewhere warmer a long time ago. Every winter is like a snowflake, unique but instantly recognizable. Summer is just more or less of the same.
Am I alone? Do you simply put up with winter? Do you stay in this climate because the alternative is worse ( New Zealand won't take you, and the USA scares you)? Or can you simply not imaging living in a place without winter.
The Ice Queen has got a bad rap in fairy tales and popular metaphor. I think that she must be as subtle and complex as winter. She's misunderstood.
Cheers
Saturday, February 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment