I hear through the grapevine that some people want more updates to the blog (Hi Wayne!). I wish I could. I suppose that I could take 5 minutes every day and just say nothing, or do a link dump more often. I sort of feel like I have too many posts already that are just Youtube clips or links without much comment or insight.
That being said... Oh my freaking God!!
Legendary concert promoter Bill Graham has put a gazillion concert recordings up on his website. You have to pay to download them, but if you just want to stream them they're free.
http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/
It is unreal the concerts that are on here. I'm listening to a 1983 Bowie concert from Montreal right now. There are about 450 concerts altogether. There's Springsteen ('73, '88), Stevie Ray Vaughn ('84), Hendrix ('68), Pretenders ('80), U2 ('81, '83), The Cure ('84), Blondie ('78), and a crapload more.
He got out of the business in the early '90s, so there's not much from that era and beyond. But there's a bit of every musical style and taste in there.
Cheers
Friday, June 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment