Tuesday, July 31, 2007

How out of the way is it?

Cate and I had to go to Bridgewater to pick up a coat rack to replace the one that broke in our rental and we decided to go further down the road to a nice bakery we visited when we were here in 2000. It's on a river/cove beside the government warf and obviously picturesque and touristy -- although yuppy locals seemed to be doing brunch there too.

The art/craft coop was there like we remembered it, but Connor and I explored up in the 3rd floor loft and came across the coolest space I've seen since I arrived here. The sign said custom skateboards, but it was a more complete gallery with constructed art (turntables and spotlights with maniquin limbs) a half-pipe for skating, duvets for crashing and big windows (not in the half-pipe) looking out over the water. Their skateboard creations were nailed to the grey, weathered beams everywhere.

It looked like something from a movie -- except you could skate in it.

And, er, there wasn't anyone around. We could have so ripped off an armful of tee-shirts.

Cheers

No comments: