Wednesday, July 18, 2007

People just seem to be everywhere.

A few weeks ago I was driving back from the video store and ran into Mark MacDonald from Library School. It was great to see him. He's living in New Brunswick now and working at a public library. He's all shaven and shorn -- no longer fuzzy Mark. That's probably a good career move (I encourage that) but I sort of missed the old Mark.

That same weekend we took a spontaneous trip to Annapolis Royal, waaaay on the other side of the province... about two hours away. We stopped at a roadside diner and our neighbour's kids were there. They live in that area, but again. A random crossing.

Then a few days ago I was driving the kids from somewhere to somewhere else and saw Rod (er, I'm afraid of misspelling his last name) from Library school walking down Quinpool Road. I was in a rush, so I didn't go around the block to say, Hi.

When Pete was here (Hi Pete!) he seemed to run into a student or former student pretty much everywhere he went.

I just can't seem to shake the feeling that people are everywhere.

Cheers

No comments: